Thursday, January 29, 2015

Critters of Costa Rica and Nicaragua

Through Costa Rica and Nicaragua, from the jungles to the beaches and everywhere in between, animals big and small were the highlight of travels. With a few exceptions, most were wild and free. All were very, very cool! Here are a some of the animals we saw that I was able to capture with my camera.

This little fella is taking care of business and leaving his mess on the walking trail
 Sloth
 Iguanas were everywhere. These two would greet us each morning and wait for our return when we would leave our cabina during the 3 days we stayed in Manuel Antonio. Esperanza and the big one had an interesting form of communication, bobbing their heads back and forth at each other. 




 Spider monkey, spider monkey what do you see?
 Another sloth
 Far off in the ocean, we could see dolphins swimming. I zoomed my camera out as far as I could and could not get a clear picture at all. But I assure you, they were dolphins.
 Wild crocodiles! Dozens of them were just hanging out under a bridge waiting for some kid to fall over. We were fortunate.


 Huge lizzards!!



 Howler monkeys







































No comments: