I should clarify, we did not only go to the river on sunny days. There were many humid overcast days we spent at the river this summer as well. In fact, we had an unusually humid summer this year.
Back to the river. I used the river as our decoy anytime fights or frustration broke out at the house this summer. It worked great. I kept the sand buckets with shovels, life jackets and changes of clothes in the trunk of the car at all times and would just need to pack water, a snack and swim suits and we could be off. Worked like a charm, every time. Even for me. Different groups of family and friends came with us or met us at the river at different times too. Often, we made new friends while we were there. But it was always the Washougal River, specifically at Hathaway Park, Sandy or the trail to the river near our house. I don't think we played in any other river all summer. It's close, and we like it.
Esperanza swam (with a lifejacket) ALL the way from that distant rock to me at the shore with Anycia close by. I was so nervous for some reason. Maybe because the water is super deep, it's a long distance, she doesn't know how to swim, there's a current, she's 5, etc...She made it and I was SO proud and excited!
Anycia is pretty cool too






























No comments:
Post a Comment