Armando, the kids, my sister Mary and I went out to Sauvie Island to pick raspberries and blueberries recently. It was just the beginning of blueberry season and near the end of raspberries. The raspberries were so wonderful! The blueberries weren't the best since it was so early in the season, but we still got some good ones and left with almost 30 pounds of red and blue deliciousness! And I still need more blueberries to freeze for the year. I hope to have at least one more blueberry picking adventure soon. This was a fun, hot and productive day of picking. The kids and I picked some berries, ate lots of them, played a little, nursed often, took pictures, enjoyed the scenery and watched Mary and Armando pick, pick, pick. They rocked!
Ezra can't keep his clothes on. Fortunately, I was able to keep the diaper on him during this outing.


















1 comment:
Leaving a comment here in ref. To a post you had on another blog. Not sure if you ever found Elderberry, but over here near spokane and coeur d'alene i just picked nearly 6 gal. Of berry clumps for processing, they are abundant around eastern WA border/Mt Spokane, and ive found a few groves near coeur d'alene. Do remember in case you didnt know, DO NOT EAT ELDERBERRY RAW, its one of those picky berries you have to process to ensure edibility. Good luck, good pickin! Its my opinion that home-craft could save america!
Best regards
Nic
Post a Comment