Ezra officially made his second complete circle around the sun on June 10th, 2013 (at 3:21 am to be exact). To celebrate, we invited our friends and family over to wish him a happy birthday and visit together on a weekend before his birthday. All of my creativity went towards Ezra's birthday cake. The rest of the party was unorganized and chaotic (as usual)...but the cake was a hit! Ezra loves dump trucks and dirt, so it seemed appropriate to make him a cake that represented those interests. The ingredients were all organic, even the gummy worms! I'm very proud of my baking and decorating skills. The dirt is crumpled up brownies...mmm!
And then the life size version of the cake in my own front yard- my dirt and dump truck loving birthday boy.
2 years old
Watcha doing there Roman? I can't remember if he was after one of the trucks or the actual cake...probably both.
Camerino Jr loved the horse Cyndi, Tony and Roman gave Ezra
Chandler holding sleeping baby Chance
Part of the group
Kids and cake
This is about as good as it gets for a family photo
Bubble gun was a HUGE hit for several days...until it broke
I just loved this cake! It tasted pretty darn good too.
On his actual birthday, a week after his party, Ezra wanted to see ducks. After dropping Esperanza off at school that morning, Armando and I took him to Lacamas Lake with a bag of Cheerios and we fed the ducks. He also swung on the swings and played for awhile. Later that day, Ezra and Esperanza had fun with the finger paints and the garden hose.
We got him finger paints, sunglasses, xylitol gum, the movie Spiderman that Geneva loaned us without knowing we were going to regift it (thanks sis, I did give you a little bit of credit for it and it is his favorite movie now...the only movie he'll sit and watch more than 2 minutes of), a small cheap plane Esperanza 'had' to get him but broke moments later, bubble bath, chewable probiotics and vitamin C (like how I snuck in a few essentials that we needed anyways and made them birthday gifts?). When he's 10 we probably won't get off as easy.









No comments:
Post a Comment