Friday, May 31, 2013

May Newsletter

These cute kids love each other so much

Esperanza fell asleep in her own bed on her own free will for the first time recently and slept all night there. She won't do it every night, but every so often she will. Some nights she thinks she wants to sleep on her own, but then after the lights go out, she says she wants to sleep next to me because I'm warm and cozy.
My nephew baby Chance is sitting up all by himself now, at 7 months old
Ezra loves baby Chance
Painting with water colors
The kids, Armando and I went to the Humane Society to visit the dogs and cats the other day. We saw so many cute animals. Wish we could adopt them all...or even one. Maybe one day.




My upside down tomato plant is thriving! The right side up basil plants could use some perking up.
 Esperanza helping with the chickens
 I'm still planning to homeschool Esperanza next year for kindergarten. I overwhelm myself sometimes and check out stacks and stacks of books on the subject from the library. More recently though, I've decided not to do any more research or preparation for awhile. I'll find my balance at some point. It's just kindergarten I keep telling myself.
 Kids trying on my glasses

 Ezra helps me with dishes
Esperanza's school did early fathers day gifts for the dads one day. They made concrete stepping stones. Ezra and I went and helped.

The backyard strawberry patch is full of ripe berries
Strawberries and milk
Our niece Marti's son Emanuel turned 3
Sweet Sadee

The ladies are still kickin' and laying eggs
Pretty sky
Rafa stayed the night one night
I started reading the Lord of the Rings. Lucy tries to take advantage of any quiet time that comes my way, which isn't often.
With the weather getting nicer, I've been creating different frozen treats for the kids. One hit was the mango pops - yogurt, mango, strawberries, honey and vanilla. Yum!
This kids internal bed time clock is very different than what I want it to be. Here he is up well past even my bed time, giggling and playing.

No comments: