Wednesday, February 29, 2012

This Was Our February

Even with the extra day this year, the month of February flew by. Since I have a few pictures but not the time or desire to create a bunch of blog posts for all of them, I'll catch you up with our February events with one long one.

Probably the most 'exciting' thing that happened during the month of February, was that Ezra learned to crawl, and cut his first 2 teeth. On Valentines Day I felt his first tooth AND on that same day I saw him crawl for the first time. I was excited to tell Armando later that evening about him crawling, and his casual response was "Yeah, he did that the other day too".
Esperanza's preschool is moving locations. Still close to home, just not as close. Currently, it is within walking distance of our house, but still a good trek. We've never actually walked to school before though until the other day. It was a beautiful, sunny day so we loaded up and took off, making it there with a few minutes to spare and no hiccups along the way. I want to try to do this a few more times before the school moves and we'll have no choice but to drive.
We made Valentines for each of Esperanza's preschool classmates for Valentines Day. She has become a pro with scissors. I traced where to cut, and she cut out the hearts. She sprinkled sparkles on some, colored on others, and added a couple heart candies to each.
Our niece Anycia and nephew Antonio stayed with their dad for a couple of months recently. Being so close to us, we were able to have them over to visit often. One of the times, we took a little stroll to the neighborhood park/river.
Ezra has discovered Esperanza's kitchen!
We visited our friends Jessica, Nicholas and Ella recently. We hadn't seen them all winter. Nicholas is a few months older than Esperanza and has SMA (you can read his story here). He's such a sweet boy...so sweet in fact that when he heard that Esperanza did not get the 'Big Woody' from Toy Story she so desperately wanted for Christmas, he offered to giver her the one he received since he doesn't like it. Esperanza loves her Woody, he's a "great addition to the round-up gang" as her Jessie says between yodels. Thank you Nicholas!
Esperanza loves walking around in my shoes. Mostly my old high heel shoes that she dug out from the back on my closet. She also likes my rain boots.
We've had an exceptionally warm and dry winter this year. With the exception of a few days here and there, we've had very few opportunities to go puddle stompin'. We need to get some puddle pants to keep Esperanza dry...she really does stomp!
The kitchen sink is usually full of dirty dishes. For a brief moment though, it was clean at a time that was ideal for a baby bath. Ezra loved it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am so far behind on my blog reading and was catching up on yours today when I saw the Woody post!! I love that photo...Nicholas really was so happy to give Esperanza the stuffed Woody. So glad she likes it!