
At 8 months old, Ezra...
...loves to feed himself and will not let me spoon feed him anything. Ever. I still steam fruits and veggies for him but instead of pureeing them, I just dice them up for him. Still, I've had to get a little creative with how and what I feed him since, 1.) he still does not have teeth and can choke on things that aren't soft enough and 2.) when things are too soft, they are clearly not the ideal finger foods. This means rice cereal is not even an option. Feeding him pureed foods only lasted all of maybe two weeks before he decided he didn't want me to feed him. I had expected to be pureeing for at least a couple of months. Nope. Good thing I didn't invest in any new baby food pureeing kitchen products! Some of his favorite finger foods are broccoli, cooked egg yolk (He loves an egg or two in the morning - LOVES!), cauliflower, prunes, avocado, kiwi, banana and kale (steamed then chopped and rolled up into little balls so he can gum it and swallow - if it's 'leafy' it just gets stuck to the roof of his mouth). He also loves to snack on Cheerios (Apparently Otios are no longer around like they were when Esperanza was a baby - so Ezra gets all that added sugar, salt and starch that Cheerios has to offer).
...poops in the middle of the night. Wakes up to poop. And then wakes up even more when I have to turn on some kind of light to take clothes off and change his diaper in the middle of the night. He does this every single night! At least once, sometimes twice. And no, he's not eating prunes before bed.
...is SO close to crawling. He can get around still a few different ways: the army crawl, a worm crawl (wiggling his butt up and down while legs push him), backwards scoot while on hands and knees and when he's in a sitting position he'll get into a crawl position then back into a sitting position and back to crawl position - before you know it, he's on the other side of the room!
...has finally settled into a fairly consistent and predictable routine for naps and night time sleep. He wakes in the morning about 7 or 7:30, naps from 11-1 (this creates a problem on days I take Esperanza to school at noon), naps again from 3:30 or 4 to about 5 then goes to sleep for the night around 8 or 8:30. He wake several times in the middle of the night to nurse, but drifts back into dreamland easily, most of the time. Of course this will all change now that I've put it in writing.
...enjoys swinging in the outdoor swing, shaking rattles, playing with balls of any size or texture, taking his socks off to chew on, taking baths with his sister, drooling all over himself, laughing and crying in harmony with his sister, nursing in the rocking chair with his super soft white blanket on him and sitting with his sister in the middle of a pile of toys and being entertained by her while chewing on all kinds of tasty things.
No comments:
Post a Comment