Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Jahlani Zaire Roberson-Lopez

Jahlani Zaire Roberson-Lopez, infant son of our very close and loved friend Monique, passed away last week. He was 2 days shy of being 2 months old. The night before his passing, I had just blogged about her visit with us and meeting Jahlani. I will cherish those memories of that day I met Jahlani, not knowing I would never see him again. He was so small, so sweet and so happy. So loved.

Monique, Dre and their 5 children traveled here from Ohio, all 7 of them in a mini-van. They spent several weeks in Portland, Oregon, visiting and staying with family and friends over the holidays. After another few days traveling across the states back to Ohio, they returned home last Wednesday. Thursday morning, Jahlani passed.

I struggle to come up words to describe how heartbroken I am for Monique's loss. Every time I think of her and the pain she must be feeling, I cry. If it hurts this bad for me, I can only imagine the agony she is feeling. There really is nothing that can be said or done to make this sad time any better, for anyone. The pain of loosing Jahlani will never go away, and niether will his memory.

My Aunt Marti wrote the obituary which was published in the Akron Beacon Journal.

Jahlani Zaire Roberson-Lopez, treasured son of Monique Lopez and Andre Roberson, was born November 10, 2011 passed away at home on January 12, 2012.

During his very brief spiritual visit and travels on earth, he blessed family and friends in Ohio and Oregon with smiles and joy that will remain in their hearts forever.

In addition to his parents; he is survived by his brothers, Enrique, Jullian, Elijah; sisters, Adrina, Zhane, Apache; cousins, Silvia and Isaiah. Jahlani leaves many other family members and friends to treasure and honor his memory.

Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at Stewart & Calhoun Funeral Home. Friends may call on Tuesday from 10 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. In lieu of flowers the family requests contributions to be made to the Jahlani Roberson-Lopez Memorial Fund at any US Bank site.

No comments: