Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ezra Is 7 Months Old

At 7 months old, Ezra has proven to us that he is his own little person with a big personality. He is very attached to me now and has a little bit of a fear for strangers.He has sparked an interest in our cat Lucy. Unfortunately for him, Lucy has no interest in him and has already swatted at him a few times when he's gotten a hold of her hair, tail, ears or whiskers. He'll learn, Esperanza did.
He's has had a bad case of diarrhea for about a week now. I'm changing at least 7 or more green-ish runny horrid smelling diapers every day. I've gone back and forth from cloth to disposable diapers for months but now I'm just doing cloth cause I cannot afford that many disposables! Poor kid, I bet his little bottom (and belly) hurt. Other than being a little more fussy and a little more snuggly at times, he had no other symptoms to indicate a serious illness. Catherine said he clearly has some kind of bug, but nothing to be concerned about and he'll get better soon. I stopped feeding him solid food after the first day of diarrhea and now he just gets mamas milk and a couple bites of solid food a day just so I can get lots of probiotics in him. He also loves drinking water from his mini-sippy cup.
He's not crawling yet but will often 'jump' from a sitting position to try to get to me or something he sees and wants. He will rock when he's in the crawl position but eventually his arms give in and he just ends up in a butt up position, trying to push his body around with his legs...which doesn't get him anywhere but frustrated.

yes, he's wearing an old shirt of Esperanza's which is gathered at the shoulders. He's such a pretty boy!
He still weighs about 18 pounds I think but must be longer cause he's outgrowing clothes quickly again. He wore 9 months for a couple months then I pulled out the size 12 month clothes a few weeks ago and they fit him. Then, overnight he seems to have grown out of them already! So, size 18 month clothesHe's a screamer. High pitch! Really high. Esperanza screamed and cried and whined and fussed non-stop for years...but she never reached the window shattering, ear ringing, almost silent high pitch that Ezra does. He's also a yeller. Just like his daddy. He's really just talking to you with a ton of passion, but you feel like you're being yelled at. If he's not screaming or yelling, he does giggle and make softer cute baby talk too now I guess!
He's still teething, but no teeth. It's really frustrating for me, so I can only imagine how he feels. Now he not only is in a ton of pain on a regular basis, he drools so much all day long. I change his top several times a day because I can't keep him dry. I've tried every conventional, alternative, homeopathic, old wives tale, natural home remedy there is and nothing helps. Nothing. Okay, I haven't tried the Whiskey trick, but thats only because I'd feel kinda wierd walking into a liquor store with two kids to buy it.

No comments: