Sunday, April 24, 2011

Soakers For Blue

I love wool soakers for cloth diapering! They are warm, cute, breathable, leak proof and when loved properly by lanolizing and hand washing/drying every now and then, they last forever. New ones can set you back about $30 in the stores or online. I did invest in a few pairs when Esperanza was a baby. I had more money than time back in those days. These days, time is more abundant than money...which is much more rewarding in so many ways. So I've been practicing making some wool diaper covers for Blue, with pretty good results.

The brown & white pair are toddler size and actually were intended to be 'longies' but as I began knitting the legs, I realized they are way too skinny for chubby baby/toddler thighs. So they became shorts, and the legs will likely just get unknitted and re-done a lil looser at some point. The blue pair are newborn size and I'm going to add some cuffs to the legs holes for extra absorbancy & to prevent leaks. These cost me probably around $3-$5 each plus a few hours of time.


If you gotta change diapers, you might as well make it fun and stylish right?

No comments: