Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Real Spring Day

As I write this, some very dark clouds are dumping loads of hail outside. And the thunder that literally just shook the house will likely wake Esperanza from her afternoon nap. Spring in it's idealistic form, still seems far off in the distance most of the time.

Yesterday, however, we had a nice little tease of warm & sunny Springtime weather which lasted the entire day. A bright & pretty Spring dress found it's way on Esperanza then she and I spent some time outside soaking in some real vitamin D (the drops just aren't the same). She picked some flowers and ran around barefoot in the grass. We listened to some very happy birds singing from the trees. I eyeballed my little veggie garden and noticed the peas I planted the beginning of March finally sprouted. All it took was a whole lot of rain and a little sun. Later in the day, Armando, Esperanza and I took a walk around the neighborhood together. Esperanza picked some flowers that we later put in a vase and set on our nature table inside. She had so much fun running up and down the sidewalks and in random open fields screaming & laughing with joy as the sun shone down on her (and I thought she loved the rain - watch out Summer!). For dinner, we had hot dogs and brussell sprouts! The sun convinced me that the pellet stove would be most useful as a table over the next six months so I re-arranged my living room to accomodate all the baby stuff that will likely be taking over soon. Even the tote with all the wool hats, scarves & gloves made their way into the garage. I looked threw all the veggie and herb seeds that have been waiting for me to plant them, then decided to put them back in the basket until next year when I'll have two extra sets of little hands to help with the garden. This year, I'm growing something different.

Picking flowers I tried convincing Esperanza to go ahead and poop on the grass outside. Hey, it would have been a step ahead of the diaper thing...no luck though.


Notice the dandelions in her pigtails - so cute!

No comments: