One of our many rainy day activities includes driving a short distance to the local Humane Society to visit the dogs and cats. Esperanza and I took a trip there last week for a little browsing of the animals. It had been awhile since our last visit so I was a bit surpised when we were greeted by a woman as soon as we walked in. We told her we were just looking, something fun to do on a rainy day. She wasn't impressed. She provided us with some fairly strict rules: make sure to disinfect your hands after you touch a cat and before you touch another cat! I could swear she smirked a little as she looked down at Esperanza. For a 2 year old, this means constant disinfecting! The lady followed us around like a hawk, glaring at me the few times that Esperanza's hands were quicker than mine and she touched a cat without disinfecting her hands first. So, I carried a gallon of their disinfecting goo around with us and squirted a dab on Esperanza's hands every few seconds, or just whenever that woman was looking...if anythings gonna get those kitty's sick, it's that goo!
Despite the rules, we had a good time and met a lot of furry animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment