...over the top? And yes, insanely beautiful. I also hadn't taken into account how exhausting it would be for both Esperanza and I. She had a few major breakdowns, she had an extreme case of the runny nose, it was freezing, rainy and windy outside, she was cold and she kept asking to take the dress off and go home to daddy. Oh, and I was hungry! Why do parents do these things to their children I asked myself the entire time. I felt really bad but continued on with what we had gotten ourselves into.
There were however a lot of good moments too where Esperanza 'owned' the dress with ease. She spun around laughing, ran up and down the ramps of the post office giggling as the feathers on the dress bounced up and down, she jumped in mud puddles (I'm sure that dress will take a trip to the dry cleaners before it's sold), eagerly accepted the colorful lolipop as a bribe to keep the dress on & played the princess role really well by showing off to random strangers who were gawking at her and the dress as she hopped, skipped and jumped along the sidewalks of downtown Camas.
So, was it all worth it? Sure, it actually kinda fun. I've only seen one photo so far but will share more when I get them. We're probably not going to actually buy any pictures, as professional photography is above and beyond our budget these days...but we'll see if I fall in love with any of the shots. Here's the one sneek peek shot...

To give credit where credit is due...photography is done by Tami with Artistic Cliques Photography and the dress is by MelissaJane Boutique
1 comment:
Wow! That is one amazing dress and Esperanza looks so beautiful in it!!! Hopefully the photographer will give you a couple photos for free?
Post a Comment