Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy Half-Birthday

On the morning of Esperanza half birthday, she and I made chocolate cupcakes with white frosting and green sprinkles on them. Then, with 2 and a half candles in one of the cupcakes, Armando and I sang "Happy Half-Birthday" to Esperanza. It was really fun, and yes, quite silly.
MixingTasting & filling the cupsThey cooked & cooled while we got dressed and did our hair...
Then we frosted & put green sprinkles on them (her little horse supervised) And here's the Half-Birthday girl with her cupcake and candles! Armando took her & the rest of the cupcakes over to her Grandma and cousin Rafa after our little party.
I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but she got gifts too. In my defense though, and to be perfectly honest, it was not planned. We had ordered some things for her after Christmas with some of the Christmas money that was sent to her from her Great-Grandpa Al and Aunt Marti & Uncle John...and wouldn't you know it, they just happened to arrive via UPS on her half-birthday! So, half-birthday presents they became! A rain coat and a ladybug constellation night light. Thank you Marti, John & Grandpa!!! We set the standards a little high this time around and I have a feeling there will be some sad disappointments for future half-birthdays (and maybe even real birthdays for that matter). But it was fun and Esperanza loved every minute of it. Happy half-birthday Esperanza!

No comments: