Friday, November 5, 2010

Zzzzz's

After 2 years and 3 months, Esperanza is FINALLY sleeping all night long. I've been slowly weaning Esperanza over the past 5 or 6 weeks. We started with no nursing at night time (we nurse before bed and not again until the sun is up). For several of those weeks, she would still wake up several times crying in the middle of the night, asking to nurse. After a couple weeks, she slept through the night once. Then it began happening a little more often.

Now, and I hesitate to say it out loud - let alone write it down, she's sleeping pretty consistently through the night. Sometimes she'll wake up a little and just move around, but then go back to sleep. We're on the right track though and maybe even one step closer to getting her to sleep in her own bed, without me! The only other time that we nurse is to go down for a nap...the alternative is no nap or having to drive her around in the car to fall asleep. A couple hours of quiet time is certainly worth a few moments of nursing. Boy, Esperanza really has gotten the best of me. I feel a little sorry for the next kid (more on that later) cause this isn't going to happen again!

It would have been most appropriate to include a picture of the sleeping beauty, but I don't have a recent one...and really just wanted to document this wonderful milestone in our lives. Now to catch up on that REM sleep I've missed for sooooo long!

1 comment:

ENDub said...

AMEN!! That is so exciting for you, Han! Yipppee! Okay, I'm ready to hear about "the next one." Don't you dare keep me suspended!