Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hallow-eek

We had a week full of Halloween celebrating! Parties, trick-or-treating, games, candy, pizza, cup-cakes, throw-up, costumes, laughing, crying...and now recovery.

First up, an adult only Halloween party Val and Jameson had the weekend before Halloween. Armando decided to bail out on this event so I went solo.

Me (the scary witch), the dead bride & groom and Sexy Devil Val
Firefighter, Biker & Pirates
Indians (aka Vals parents)
Devil Val, Angel Vanessa & Witchy Hanukkah

The Wednesday before Halloween, we took Esperanza downtown to the annual Camas Boo Bash. It was seriously overcrowded with thousands of people! The majority of businesses downtown Camas participate in this event by handing out candy to little kids (and business flyers/coupons). Parents bring their children dressed in their Holloween costumes and it's a little trick-or-treating event.

Esperanza took a late nap so we didn't actually get downtown until half way into the event, just in time to experience the height of the chaos. Armando was already downtown at the library doing homework so we met up and off we went....very slowly....standing in line.....after line....after slow line. All for one piece of candy at each business. I can't say Esperanza had the time of her life. Nor did we. So, after Esperanza got about 10 peices of candy in her little basket, we got out of line and wondered around for a bit, then grabbed a bite to eat at a Thai restraunt.

Getting her treatLittle monkey with candy and ice cream coneSpreading it all out to see what she got

The night before Halloween, Val & Jameson had yet another Halloween party, this time for the little ones. Esperanza chose her witch costume over the monkey outfit for this event.

All set and ready to fly away on her broom
There were tons of little kids all dressed up so cute for the party. Val had seperate games for the little kids and for the big kids - bean bag toss, ring toss, musical chair, bobbing for apples, mummy dress-up, etc. It was really fun for everyone. As the party began dying down, and without any warning, Esperanza began to projectile puke! Over and over and over. I was in shock! So was she. I'll spare you the details. Eventually we got everything cleaned up and headed home...we had a very long night ahead of us.

The next day, Halloween, Esperanza was up and at 'em as if nothing happened the night before. Strange. Maybe she just ate too much junk food? I hesitated all day about the whole trick-or-treating plans and for some stupid reason gave in and agreed to take Esperanza out for a bit. We headed to Armando's sisters house and met up with a bunch of Esperanza's cousins. We did ALOT of walking, much more than I had bargained for. After about an hour, Esperanza was clingy, tired, sneezing, whining, runny nose and just misserable. I wasn't feeling so hot either. We headed home for yet another long night.

Cousins Clarissa and Celeste helping push Esperanza along

Both Esperanza and I have been sick ever since. The flu bug really got us both, bad. 4 days later and we're still draggin'. Going out Halloween night was a bad idea and I feel so bad that I put her through that. But, we're getting better. We spent two days cooped up in the house and then have spent the last couple days outside in the warm and windy fall weather.

Esperanza and Daisy running off some energy

No comments: