Sunday, July 11, 2010

Two Wedding Weekend

Two ladies we know got married this past weekend.
Armando's brother Chilly's wife's sister Vicki (I know that was hard to follow and it probably didn't come out right, but stay with me) got married to Jeremiah on Friday evening. They had a small ceremony held at their church which we didn't attend but then celebrated with them at the reception. The bride wore a beautiful dress and looked like an amazing version of Cinderella with her handsome prince. I didn't see much of the bride and groom as I was spending most of my time in the stair well with Esperanza - going up and down, up and down, up and down the stairs. She did take breaks occassionally to dance and run around a bit. No sitting or mingling thow. Unfortunately, I got no pictures of the happy couple. Here are a few others thow.

Recognize this dress Geneva? Anycia wore it to one of our cousins wedding about 6 or 7 years ago. I told Esperanza that it was Anycia's dress and she actually got excited about wearing it!There were 5 or 6 little girls that had the time of their lives dancing togetherOn Saturday Armando's sister Aurelia got married to Gary. They had a beautiful and unique wedding which catered to both American and Mexican tradition. They didn't cut corners anywhere when it came to entertainment, food, good beer, decorations and fun for themselves as well as the guests. Get ready for a ton of pictures...

Aurelia & GaryMariachi band for the ceremony and part of the reception - I think this was the same mariachi we had at our wedding cause I recognized some of them, but I forgot to askGet this, instead of 'walking' down the isle, the groom, the officient, the bridesmaids and the groomsment all DANCED down the isle! It was really neat. Here is the groom lookin cool mid-dance wearing his glasses. Kinda looks like Angelina was dancing too

This little flower was supposed to be one of the flower girls...but she fell asleep, and we don't disturb her beauty sleep!
Chilly with Esperanza
Armando's mom Angelina & his sister Cathy (it was Angelina's b-day too) Sisters Cathy & Eva
Clowns making fun animals and other things with balloons for the kids
Esperanza with her cousins Marissa and Addy (E changed out of her big poofy dress) Kids dancin
Rock band for reception dancing First Dance - E wanted to be part of it too
Yummy cake
Esperanza and Raf
Sisters Marissa and Addy with their cousin Samson (son of the bride Aurelia)
There is a scary little story about Esperanza that goes along with this wedding but it deserves a seperate post. Check back soon...

Congrats to both couples who got married over the weekend!

No comments: