Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Latest

It's been awhile since I've updated my blog with what we've been up to and how our lives are going. I wish there were more time in the day because lately I feel like I just can't keep up with everything I want and need to do...blogging has kinda been put on hold. I'll get back to writting more soon, but for now here are more pictures and short stories from the past few weeks...


My sister Mary and her boyfriend Yoshi came back from their 'vacation' and are staying with us for awhile. It's temporary, but I sure am enjoying having some 'live-in nannies'. They are a huge help!

We went out to dinner for 'Hallmark Day' last month and this was the best picture we got of the three of usI have been knitting...alot. In fact, I've become a insanely obsessed with knitting. For a couple of weeks I did very little other than knit. Finally, when the kitchen compost began attracting ants, there were no more clean clothes to wear, the floors were sticky and people began to wonder if I had disappeared...I finally put the knitting needles down and got back to everyday life (thow I still pick the needles up a few times a day). Below is a picture of a baby pixie hat a friend asked me to make. This was actually the 5th or 6th attempt and it still didn't turn out as expected. I'm also still taking knitting classes and am not too far away from having a new sweater (pictures to come).

Last weekend some friends of ours had their annual sheep shearing party. Armando and I went one other time a few years ago and I was really looking forward to attending again. It turned out to be a beautiful sunny and warm day, which made it that much more enjoyable. I saw some old friends I hadn't seen for some time and got to catch up with them. There was a potluck with some amazing food to eat after the work was done.

The man below comes all the way from Australia to shear sheep in the U.S.

Esperanza wandered the pasture with the goats and chased some of the Spring babies around
After I came out of my knitting spell, I finally got some tomatoe seeds, pepper seeds and a few other things planted. They are germinating inside in front of a window and will stay indoors until probably May-ish. Esperanza has discovered that she too loves to dig her hands into the earth and play with the soil. We've spent some time gardening outside and getting the ground ready for planting this spring.
Esperanza, Armando and I are flying to Ohio later this week for a much needed vacation to visit with family. We've been trying to get there ever since Esperanza was born. For one reason or another, it just hasn't fallen into place until now. I'm looking forward to seeing my Grandpa Al, Aunt Marti, Uncle John, my sister Monique and all her beautiful kids, Cousin Mary and so many other people I haven't seen for a few years.

Here is my Grandpa Al riding his bike
And how can I resist from updating you all with a few recent photos of Esperanza!

2 comments:

Themorrisbunch said...

CUTE lil' girl! And great job on the hat. I sure your *friend* will really like it!!! :)

ENDub said...

She is such a doll!