Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy 1 and a Half Birthday

Yup, my little monster is 18 months old today. She's growing up so fast and learning new things at a pace I can't even keep up with. Though she has a language all her own, she'll try to repeat almost any word I ask her to lately. She'll point at something, I'll say what it is then she'll make some interesting combination of noises to try and mimic me. Some of them come out perfect and others are more jibber jabber. It's pretty cute, especially the jibber jabber. I'm sure going to miss that language when she's older. A couple of weeks ago we were visiting some friends of ours who have a little boy a few months older than Esperanza. He was climbing up on the coffee table, onto a chair then onto the counter and pretty much anything he wanted that was up high, he would figure out a way to climb up and get it. As you might have guessed, Esperanza picked up on this and is now climbing things at home. Time for more baby proofing I guess, like bolting dressers to the walls.






















This morning we met a friend and her daughter Olivia at Hathaway Park. Olivia is about the same age as Esperanza. Though I don't let it keep me from having social time with friends and other little ones, I'm quickly learning that toddlers don't play well together. Anytime I meet up with friends who have kids Esperanza's age, I mentally prepare myself for a ton of fighting over toys/food, meltdowns and temper tantrums, hitting, scratching, hair pulling and everything in between all while trying to stay calm and use each situation as an opportunity to try to teach Esperanza how to share and be nice. Fortunately, Olivia was such a nice girl and would give Esperanza whatever she had that Esperanza wanted. It made the 'play date' much more fun for everyone.











After lunch, nap, playing, dinner & more play Anycia, Esperanza and I went to the craft store to get some things & stopped by a thrift store (Once Upon A Child) to see what we could find. Low and behold, we found some great treasures...a pair of salt water sandals for Esperanza, some really neat clothes for her as well as a pair of boots Anycia fell in love with. I say this every time I discover a new thrift store, but this time I mean it when I say 'this really is the best dang childrens thrift store I've ever been too'!















Happy 1 1/2 Birthday Esperanza!

No comments: