Monday, September 22, 2008

Babywearing and Tatoos

Funny combination - but that's the best way to 'wrap' up our Sunday. I took Esperanza to a babywearing gathering on Sunday morning at Maligros in Portland. I previously and spontaneously bought a moby wrap because it 'looked' really neat, but unfortunately after only a few times of wearing it, little Esperanza decided she doesn't want to have anything to do with it any more. After some online research I found a group of babywearing women that meet monthly to give parents who want to wear their babies a chance to try different carriers on with their babies before they go out and buy one (like I did) and a chance to ask questions and gather information about babywearing and all the how to's. We went last month and found that we could actually borrow one from their stash, and we did. So, a month later we headed there to return it and borrow a different one to try out. I didn't get any pictures of us using the one we borrowed this month, but here's a picture of us in the one we got last month - it's a mai tai ring sling and is really cool, even Espy thought so! The one we got this time is much different but just as fabulous and made by a local mom.

After we tried on various baby carriers, settled on one to borrow and chatted with other parents and their babies, we went down the street to New Seasons to get some groceries then headed over to my sister Cyndi's house for an afternoon visit. Cyndi and her husband Tony are expecting thier first baby in January. This is where the tatoos come in...Tony is like a big, cuddly Italian teddy bear, covered in tatoos. We got a few pictures of him with Esperanza and they are just too fun not to post...



No comments: