I don't know how to design the layout of a house. Yet, I have to figure it out. Because of certain factors (location of septic tank, drain field, set backs, wetlands, slope of property, maximum distance allowed to electricity at edge of property, placement in relationship to the existing driveway and where the garage has to be, existing trees, etc) the house has to be in one place: where the previous house was. Which also means it has to be within a certain width and length of footprint. Factoring all of those non negotiable things along with the inevitable dream wishes that go along with designing your own home, makes it that much more challenging for someone that doesn't know what they are doing. Isn't that what designer are for? Apparently not. They are little to no help at all. So, we have some ideas and we have a designer drawing up our ideas...and not helping at all with anything else. And we keep having to change things. The layout keeps changing because we have time to make changes. The more time you have, the more changes you'll make. All I want is a free standing wood stove. That's all I want. That won't change. Everything else undoubtedly will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment