Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Roller Skating

 
When I was a kid, back in the 80's, we went roller skating at Golden Skate sometimes. I have some vague, but fun memories of that place. All my childhood memories are pretty hazy and vague. But I still had a pretty decent visual of what this placed looked like when I was a kid. As I discovered today, it is exactly the same as it was back then. Well, except for the music. The same maroon carpet lined the walls, the same big disco ball sparkled from the same spot on the ceiling and they even had the same roller skates. I would bet money that the skates Esperanza wore were the exact same pair I wore when I was her age and shoe size. They've held up well! Esperanza and I met our homeschooling friends Maddy, Izzie and their mom Amanda for some first time roller skating fun. The girls started off a bit wobbly, stumbled and fell a few time and stayed close to the wall. Towards the end, they were all much braver and better. It took me a little bit to get my skating groove back, but it did, and even I had a ton of fun! We will be back. A lot!












No comments: