Friday, April 26, 2013

Hike To The Falls

Armando takes the kids on outdoor adventures almost every morning. They stay local most of the time and take walks along trails in Camas or sometimes they walk to the library or the store. I like to use that time to get things done around the house rather than go with them. The other morning I left the house a mess and went on a hike with them. We decided to hike up Multomah Falls. We hadn't been there since I was pregnant with Ezra. We had a few struggles along the way with the kids, as expected, but we did make it all the way to the top. Armando carried Esperanza in the backpack carrier the whole way up. Ezra walked most of it, and I carried him part of the way. There were times Armando carried both! On the way down Esperanza's spirits lifted and she took on the role of a cheetah (she wore her cheetah outfit) and chased, snarled and growled at some of the other hikers as they passed. It was equally funny and embarrassing. She loved climbing the rocks and mountain side (as you'll see in the pictures). Poison oak is abundant in the area, so I kept her from going off the trail as much as I could. Once we made it back down, we sat down in the grass by the parking lot to have some snacks and let the kids play in the sun. Ezra lost the car keys in the grass. After combing the fields for 30 minutes, we found them and headed back home.




















small collection of nature the kids stuffed in my pockets throughout the morning that made it back home with us

No comments: