Monday, April 29, 2013

April Newsletter

Pictures taken during the month of April that I feel I must include on my blog. It is as if I feel held down with photos until I release them into my blog. Then, and only then, can I move on. Something is wrong with me...

Beer broth stew....Aaamazing!
 How cute is this!
 Eva and Sergio - they came over on her birthday for dinner, cupcakes and home brewed mead 
 Ezra got tired of waiting for me to put him down for his nap one afternoon
Ezra and Esperanza coloring
We filled the pool with water...yes, in April

 Esperanza's favorite breakfast is puffed over pancakes. My mom made them for us when we were kids, and now I'm making it for my kids. I do a few different variations since we have it so often. All it is is eggs, milk and flour - oh and lots and lots of butter. I always use chicken eggs, but will rotate between cow, almond and coconut milk and between whole wheat, spelt and garbanzo bean flours. The types of milk and flour available to use are endless. We top it with butter, coconut sugar or maple syrup and cinnamon. 
 April was the month of birthdays! Here is Brandon (11), Estevan (2) and Yareli (4) at their birthday party.
 Infused water anyone? The orange, mint and cucumber is AMAZING!

Closet pooper
climber
He fell deeply in love with baby oranges. Sadly, I can't find them anywhere anymore!
Gymnastics birthday party for a classmate of Esperanza's. Ezra loved it!
Painting
I overheard these kids talking about how they were going to 'magic' each other into things like horses and doggies. As it turned out, they had a magic wand helping them out. Here's Ezra, about to become victim to Rafa's magic.
Make a wish
It's going to be a long while before this kid really uses the toilet. He has zero interest in the toilet.
Esperanza enjoys reading books to Ezra. She tells stories from memory of books read to her.
Naked gardening
Esperanza behind the camera
He loves to cook

We went to a butterfly release/seed exchange get together with a group of local moms/kids. It's actually called Moms Club and somehow the Camas chapter is the most active of all of them. I expected to stick out like a sore thumb at this first gathering of meeting the moms and kids. Instead, I was pleasantly welcomed by several tie-died shirt and/or longer skirts than I was wearing wearers, organic/gmo free heirloom seed savers, like-minded conversations, a little girl named Willow and no junk food. Sorry to be discriminatory, it just is that way. Anyways, all of those thing meant brownie points from me. I found some new friends, in Camas of all places!



 I drove Naomi and Chance to an appointment and got to spend some extra time with this cutie!
 This little person has been through so much yet still he smiles and laughs and coos all the time.
 Geneva and Chance

No comments: