Friday, February 15, 2013

January Newsletter

Here was our January packed into one long picture post

On a very cold walk early in January. The kids were miserably freezing, despite the sun and layers of warm clothes,  blankets and hats. It really was cold!

Ezra playing with his truck


Kids waiting for the cookies to be done.
 Esperanza and Lucy
 Ezra helping me cook

I took Ezra to see the ducks one morning after dropping Esperanza off at school.


 We made snowflakes one afternoon. Since we weren't getting any real snow, we made our own. Our colored ones from a few years ago are still taped to the window, but they are getting kind of torn up and we needed a few new ones to adorn our nature table with as well.




Esperanza being silly

 We attended our nieces (Gizelle, Adriana and Marissa) winter piano recital in January. They each sang and played the piano. It was really beautiful. They are each gifted with their own individual talent and I really enjoyed their performance.


We are rock hoarders. I must confess, I'm a rock thief. I am known for having Armando to pull over to the side of the road if I see neat rocks so I can collect them. I do restrain myself from stealing out of peoples yards or homes, it's usually public property we collect rocks from - sides of the road, parks, off mountains and cliffs or along walking trails or beaches. My kids have followed my footsteps and now collect rocks wherever they are too - be it a walk around the block or while we are out of town. Wherever we wander, rocks of various sizes, shapes, textures and colors always return home with us. You should see our collection from our recent roadtrip!!! Most of our large rocks are outside. All of the smaller ones are inside. We decided to paint some of our rocks back in January (idea from my friend Jenny). It was such a great winter project. The kids loved it and had a lot of fun. When we were done, the painted rocks contributed some much needed vibrant color to our nature table.









 Rafa turned 5 years old on January 8th! We went to his birthday party the following weekend.

 Andy





 We watched the new Ice Age (either the 3rd or 4th - I can't keep track)

 Papitos (Camerino Jr. - not sure how you get Papitos from that)


We built a big fort in the living room for the kids to play in. We had a lot of fun in there:  reading books by flashlight and playing games. When that got old after a few days, we took it down and put up a little kid tent (which is still up over a month later)


 The life of a princess: It's rough. One minute she's playing peacefully, the next minute she's screaming and crying.







  

No comments: