Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fallen Leaf Park

Can you tell I'm trying to catch up with Fall blog posts before Winter arrives? There's this park I recently discovered. For YEARS, I'd been wondering how to get to a certain lake visible from the road, the one just south of Lacamas Lake. I pass it all the time. I KNEW there was a way to get there, but could never find a road or trail or opening in the trees indicating 'Over Here...This is the Way'. Then sometime in the last 6 months or so, suddenly signs appeared our of nowhere saying 'Fallen Leaf Park, 100' Ahead', or something to that effect. I knew it!!

Armando took Ezra there on one of his morning walks, but I hadn't had a chance to get there for several months after knowing there was now a way to to get there, and Fall is nearing it's end (at least the cool not freezing, breazy, leafy part of Fall I love to love). Then a week or two ago, I finally just packed up the kids, said to heck with the cold weather, dark clouds, need to clean up and start dinner and just went up there anyways.

It was serene! Straight out of a painting beauty. Ducks, trees, colorful leaves, calm waters, crisp Fall air, birds singing...just amazing. Of course my camera battery failed me after only a few quick shots.

We tried every duck call we could think of to get the dozens of ducks from across the lake to come eat our Cheerios, but they weren't having it, in fact I think they swam further away. Smart ducks. After awhile, we gave up and the kids ran around playing chase instead. After about 20 minutes, the rain came and we quickly skidaddled.










FYI - there's no playground equipment. There is a huge covered area with lots of seating, a gigantic bbq pit/water/food preparation counters/restroom facilities as well as a nice clearing in the woods for soccer, volleyball, or other type of activity. A great place for an organized event/gathering. We didn't get a chance to explore much this visit, but I am certain there are walking/hiking trails somewhere which are not often traveled.

No comments: