The computer/tv/video game/man cave and Esperanza's bedroom got switched around last month. We've been doing some early Spring cleaning to get ready for the new baby. Both rooms are small, but the tv room was bigger by just a tad bit. With Blue coming (Esperanza calls her brother Blue sometimes), and my plan to put them both in the same room for awhile, it made sense to switch rooms. It was a lot of work though (for Armando anyways - he, he). The tv room was red! A dark and dreary orangy-red that never appealed to me from the day we moved into this house. When I asked Esperanza what color we should paint her new room, her response of course was blue. In the end, I chose Periwinkle. Esperanza & Armando painted while I checked in every so often to supervise and make sure all was going well.
The next morning...bring on the periwinkle!
After putting Esperanza's bed, her dresser, her bookshelf, some of her toys, a chair, other various bedroom things and the rocking chair in the room...it looks nice but there's no room for Blue! I'm just not sure where a crib is gonna fit, let alone all the other baby stuff. Maybe we can turn the garage into the man cave...
2 comments:
Before we knew knew Ella was a girl, I was going to put both kids in one room. When we found out she was not a boy I just had to decorate a room for her so we too, gave up our den. It has actually worked so great to have them each in their own rooms since their schedules are a bit off and because Nicholas uses a ventilator when he sleeps which is kind of noisy. We sold or donated most of the stuff that was in the den and moved the desk an computer to the living room, but I am so happy that they each have their own space. A good friend of mine has her two kids-a boy and a girl-share a room and it's so cute. I will try to send you a couple photos on fb if I can.
I love the pictures of Espi painting! She is so cute, and it looks like fun...and a bit messy =) Makes me want to paint something!
Post a Comment