Sunday, February 27, 2011

And In Other February News

We went to a wedding. Armando's sister Cathy married Camerino. They make a beautiful couple, had a long beautiful ceremony, threw the biggest party after and honeymooned in Hawaii. Esperanza had a hard time sitting threw the long Catholic ceremony, but was happy to run wild once it was over. Here she is with her cousin Zeke and she's wearing a dress her Grandma Angelina made for her.
Esperanza and I keep on cookin'...oh, and I knit her that super cute headband that she hates! I had to bribe her to wear it..."if you want to help cook, we have to pull your hair back."
The Rodeo finally died...
We were hit with a big, huge, media hyped 'February Storm'. You can see for yourself just how big this storm was by all the snow on the ground pictured below. We actually did get a little more, but as usual it melted, then froze, then it was gone all within 24 hours. It was on a day that Esperanza wasn't feeling well & by the time she did want to check out the snow, it was all gone.
I continue to grow our little boy and love being pregnant! My friend Alisha from Alisha Photo snapped a few belly shots while we were visiting with her a few weeks ago. I think I was about 22 weeks here. We're gonna do another photo shoot when I'm bigger and I might even decide to brush my hair.
I've decided to get some knitting projects finished before starting any new ones. I finished Esperanza's sweater first, and that inspired me to get back to mine. Knitting a toddler sized sweater is much quicker than knitting up an adult sized sweater. Low and behold, I put the final knit stitches on it last night!!! Yay. However, I do still need to block it, stitch up the seams and sew some buttons on it. It'll still be awhile. Either way, I can finally say I'm done knitting my sweater (just can't wear it yet).
We're still sick. And when I say still, I mean since about October-ish, off and on. Our immune systems have been useless the past several months. This particular bug has been with us for almost 2 weeks now. Esperanza has it the worse and has spent several days off and on laying in bed sleeping. I gave her some super high doses of vitamin D for two days along with homeopathic Phosphorus which has helped alot with her runny nose. She freaked out when I tried the warming socks and a castor oil pack the other night so her cough is still really bad and today he has a fever. I may end up taking her in to see Catherine if she doesn't perk up a lot more soon.
We went to visit my sister, her kids and her horse a few weeks ago. Here is Esperanza and Anycia riding a horse.
We have another artist in the family. Here she is painting a picture for Neva before we left home to visit her.
Esperanza has finally started to show a little bit of interest in using the toilet. She's far from wanting to use it consistently, but it's a start and she got a lolipop for going pee in the potty here (not sure why she has her shoes in her hand, but no, those were not a reward for using the potty).
Also, after 3 months of care at the VA Rehab Center, George was finally released to go home during the middle of February. There was yet another set back though after being home just a week and he went back into the hospital to get treated for an infection. He'll be home again soon, but the infection still needs to clear up. Keep him in your thoughts, it is crucial that this infection heals or he may loose his other leg.

No comments: