Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Aunt Naomi

For two very short but precious weeks, my sister Naomi was here visiting us for the first time in several years. Before Esperanza met her for the first time, I spent a few moments talking to Esperanza and telling her about this 'new aunt' that she was about to meet. When the moment arrived, Esperanza flew into Naomi's arms and gave her the biggest and longest hug I've ever witnessed her give to anyone she hadn't met before. It was so sweet. It didn't take long before Naomi became Esperanza's new BFF! We went over to my moms almost every day to hang out with Naomi and take in as much time as we could before she had to go back home. We miss her already and we hope to see her again soon. Most of the pictures I got of Naomi just happen to have Esperanza in them as well. They made quite the team.

Naomi could spin Esperanza way longer and faster than anyone!

Esperanza wrestling with the bear Aunt Naomi gave her
Even when she isn't ready for a picture, Naomi looks amazing
A visit with George at the VA rehab center
Missing Geneva

1 comment:

ENDub said...

Oh Han, that's so wonderful that you all had time with Naomi. I can only imagine what that meant to you.