Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I ♥ The Rain

I'll regret saying that in a couple of months, but for now, I do love the rain! My favorite part of summer, is the end of summer. Fall is so close I can almost touch it. We had a nice but short lived downpour last night. Esperanza and I put on our rain gear and headed outside to play in it.

One of the few things I'll miss about summer are all the adorable summer dresses Esperanza has hanging in her closet that got very little use. Our summer was so short this year, she didn't even come close to outgrowing or wearing in any of her summer clothes. At the rate she's growing, maybe it'll all still fit by next Spring/Summer. And who knows, maybe I'll just put leggings/tights and long sleeves on under these dresses and she'll wear them threw the winter too. Here is Esperanza wearing a summer dress (and matching purse) my mom made her for her birthday. It's pretty roomy on her so it'll for sure fit her next year too. These pics are for you mom!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun to play in the rain together! I absolutely LOVE the dress your mom made...super cute!

Hanukkah said...

Thanks Jessica! Just wait, before you know it your little girl is going to be playing in mud puddles too :-)