The only thing Esperanza will eat lately are cooked wheat berries and oranges. Oh, and kefir. Sometimes I worry. It's seriously been a couple of weeks since she ate a good solid meal. Okay, I worry so much that I'm worried that she's not eating because I'm worried about it. I don't know anything about what I'm doing with her. I've eliminated a lot of things as far as 'what I shouldn't do again', but there's still a ton of options left to try. Will I ever get it right? Back to the food - I do know she should eat. I might not know exactly when, or how much, or what - but she should eat...right? I'm constantly trying to feed the kid, and she constantly refuses it or thows it. And then, as I sat on the toilet lid last night, with her lying down squirming on my lap facing the ceiling as I tried relentlessly to pry her mouth open in order to brush her 4 1/2 front teeth before bed, I caught a glimpse of a molar peeking through her gums. Ah, ha! Maybe that explains the food thing.
Can't see the molar here, but she's got a kefir mustach
Still, that doesn't mean she shouldn't eat - right? Any advice about what your toddler/baby would eat when they wouldn't eat anything else, whether they were teething or just being picky? I'm only guessing that it's the molar, but this girl fools me all the time.
2 comments:
Nicholas has been picky about foods lately, too and he's also cutting a molar. Usually he will eat anything, but lately he just wants fish sticks, cottage chesse, yogurt, and crackers. I'm trying to get more fruits and veggies into his diet, but not with much luck. Here's to hoping their pickiness changes real quick! :D
Oh that's a tough one Han. I had so many grand plans about food and kids before I had my own, but it doesn't always work out the way my mind had it playing out :) Cade is sure to eat yogurt, applesauce, cheese, broccoli and eggs. A lot of dairy I guess. Sometimes he's a real challenge though. When he was a baby (and this goes for Kellen too), he's eat anything I pureed for him. Now that he has an opinion and a changing palette, I'm left guessing and frustrated half of the time too.
Post a Comment