Thursday, August 13, 2009

All Aboard!

Esperanza and I took the train home on Tuesday morning. I was very excited to take the train and after the experience, we will definately do it again when I want to go visit Geneva and the kids. It was very convenient and about the same price as gas is to get there, maybe cheaper. And it was fun! It was comfortable and not too packed so we were able to take over two seats instead of just the one paid for. We walked through the cars a few times, ate munchies I packed for the ride, played with all the suprise toys Geneva and Anycia helped pack us for the trip and had a great time. Esperanza fell asleep about half way into the ride and Armando picked us up at the train station when we arrived in Portland.

Geneva & Mary seeing us offJust before we got on the trainEsperanza going through the goody bag of toys

As far as my car goes, I did get it in to a mechanic shop but the part needed is a week and several hundred dollars away. Just what a broke stay at home mama and unemployed full time student dad could ask for right? What choice did we have though? It's getting fixed and I'll take the train back to get it when it's ready. Another great excuse to visit with my sisters and the kids again!

No comments: