We've had beautiful weather the past few days and spent them outdoors soaking in the rays getting some much needed vitamin D. Yesterday was our nephew Brandon's 6th birthday party so we went over to Mando's sister Cathy's house to celebrate.
Here's Brandon with his Yo-Yo we gave him

Nieces Jiselle and Celeste with the birthday boy

And here are a few of Esperanza



Today we went out to Camas to visit the garden. I turned over a lot more grass and got in a few more plants and seeds. So far I've planted Kale, Broccoli, Lemon Verbena, Strawberries, Tarragon, Arugula, several varieties of Lettuce, Cilantro and Leeks from starts. From seeds I've planted carrots, more lettuce, radishes, swiss chard, more kale and chamomile. A few weeks ago I started some seeds indoors including MORE kale, MORE broccoli, basil, more cilantro, hot peppers, sweet peppers, dill and I think thats it. The list will go on though. Once the middle of May comes around with the chance of frost gone, tons of other less hardy plants are going in. Plus, I have to transplant all my herbs and blueberry plants over to the new house. Whew! Lots of work (and sweat) - but at least it is work I enjoy.
The Garden at the end of the day
Esperanza and Mando relaxing in the shade while I shed blood, sweat & tears
And just for fun, I took some pictures of tulips that opened up today in our front yard
No comments:
Post a Comment