And here's a clip from a song they sang
Friday we took Esperanza in to get her first shot - DTaP. I really want her to dig and play in the soil with me this spring/summer yet I didn't want to give her any immunizations until she was a year and her immune system and body were developed a little more. I gave in though. I also gave in to the DTaP even though I only wanted Tetanus (and they were out of the DT). An interesting fact I learned from the nurse that day is that the reason Tetanus is combined with at least the Diptheria is because the immune system won't absorb the Tetanus toxoid without the Diptheria. It was explained better to me in person but I had to share what I could. So, she got the shot and suprisingly didn't cry or even flinch and was a happy baby all weekend with no side effects. Yay! Bring on the dirt.
On Sunday we drove out to Camas cause I wanted to take a look at the back yard at our future new home so I can start planning our veggie garden. I dug in the dirt and immediately found a ton of worms, potato bugs and a big larvea (I forget the excact kind) all within inches of each other. I was relieved and excited to discover these critters cause it means the soil is wonderful and full of nutrients for veggies to thrive in. And it means I don't have to do much prep work. I forgot the camera but will post pictures later of the house and gardens, as I will be spending probably every waking moment in the garden so we have food to eat this summer, fall and maybe even winter if canning works out for me.
1 comment:
Ok, I'm going to need your help and expert info. in the gardening area. I really want to do this too, but am just getting my hands dirty (no pun intended!). Let's talk more tomorrow. I might be taking notes! Hugs.
Post a Comment