Monday, December 22, 2008

Esperanza Eats Rice Cereal

Over this past weekend we decided it was time to give Esperanza her first taste of 'solid food', brown rice cereal. I was a little hesitant and kept putting it off, not really ready myself to give up being her only source of food. For a little over a month now, she's been eyeballing everything I put into my mouth, so it was pretty obvious she was ready...regardless if I was or not. I was however pretty excited to see how she would react to something new and different. So, I gave in - and it was worth it. We mixed a little rice cereal with a little mama's milk and here's what happened...
Before
During
AfterShe LOVES rice cereal. Next up - maybe some steamed and mashed carrots or winter squash. Any advice from other parents on the best first veggie for babies? We videotaped the event as well. Here's a little clip (scroll to the bottom and pause the music first)...

1 comment:

jprsilver said...

Very cute! The way she opens her mouth like a bird - when the spoon comes close shows she is ready too.
Mashed bananas were my favorite first food for babies. You can add them to cereal too. Wweet potatoes might be good. They say to wait 2 wks between new foods in case you run across something that she has problems with. Otherwise you wont know which one was the problem.