Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sunny Saturday in December

This morning Armando got up before the crack of dawn to go hunting with his uncle (yes you read it right, hunting! Bambi survived this trip though). When Esperanza and I got up a few hours later and saw how sunny it was outside, I decided we'd take a trip to the NatureScaping Wildlife Botanical Gardens just up the road from our house for a little bird watching and garden strolling. I've been going there for a couple of years now to volunteer as an apprentice for the Butterfly Garden, though the last year or so my priorities changed a little and my visits have been mostly just to observe rather than work. I can't wait until Spring time though when I'll start taking Esperanza there with me to work and introduce her curious little hands to soil, bugs, flowers, weeds, etc... This days visit I had hoped to run into some fellow volunteers to visit and show off Esperanza. I was a little disappointed though to find not a soul there...other than all the beautiful birds. The air was brisk, the sky clear and the birds were putting on quite a show. Esperanza was in awe of the scenery and the music the birds sang.




Just before we left, we saw this 'garden' kitty spying on all the birds.
We left the garden and stopped at home to nurse and nap before heading out again - I need a pair of used, super cheap black or red dress shoes for Esperanza to go with her Holiday dress - so we stopped by Tiny Hiny's - a small treasure box of a store crammed neatly with all kinds of second hand and locally handmade baby stuff. I didn't find the shoes I was looking for, but I did find a few cute sweaters in the boy section (It's only been 4 months and I'm already sick of pink) and also got a couple of cute hand knit hats.

I actually miss this face

A little blury (still trying to figure out the new camera) but isn't this red sweater a steal for $3 with a tag that says it was hand made by some lady!?

We drove up to Val's house afterwards and visited with her family for the rest of the afternoon and evening - Esperanza did amazing considering we'd had such a long day. Here is Val's daughter Annabelle holding Espy.

No comments: