skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Quick trip to the river
Today I picked up my sister Mary and her boyfriend Yoshi from my moms and we headed to the river. My sisters and I all have fond memories of the Washougal River - from the time our memories begin, to now. As a family, would walk a few blocks from home to get there when we were little kids. As we got older, every summer we ventured off with friends and with each other to explore the river. Now, after 28+ years, I thought there wasn't a spot on the Washougal River I didn't know about. But today we found one. We didn't stay long, we didn't swim, and it certainly wasn't the typical 'hanging at the river with my sister and some cold beer' summer day I'm used to. But it was still nice. We chatted, got our feet wet, tried to catch crawdads and reminisced on our previous river adventures. At 9 months pregnant, this was my first and unfortunately probably my last visit to the river of the summer. But you better believe I'll be there with baby next summer!
Mary, Me and Baby still in the belly 
I may look like I'm off balance and about ready to fall, but I'm not. Mary, as always, is picture perfect with her blonde and blue dreaded mohawk.
Mary and Yoshi
No comments:
Post a Comment