skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Still Pregnant
At 39+ weeks, I'm torn between the saddness of knowing that my days left of being pregnant are minimal and the feelings of excitement I get when I think that any day now I'll feel the first signs of labor. I am going to miss so much about pregnancy - the feelings of our baby moving about inside my womb, those sharp painful jabs that wake me at 3 in the morning, the amazement that comes from watching the baby in my belly move entirely from one side of belly to the other, baby body parts pushing desperately at my sides, the uncomfortable and humiliating reminder when I laugh or sneeze that I haven't done nearly enough kegals, feeling the baby hiccups, playing with the baby through my belly with poking and rubbing, all the wonderful visualizations and wonders of what the baby is doing and feeling inside me, and I'll even miss those days when I cannot find a thing to wear that fits comfortably while still looking half way decenent enough to appear in public. One thing I'm looking forward to (other than of course finally meeting our baby) is sleeping on my stomach again.
Since Fridays full moon only brought on a few mild rushes that passed with little excitement and nothing since, it looks like our baby isn't yet ready to meet the world. It could be days or even a couple more weeks until our little bundle of love arrives. Since the rest of the posts on here will likely be dedicated to pictures of our baby growing outside the womb, here are some pictures to remember the pregnancy I have absolutely loved and will miss so much (yes, I got a little obsessive about taking pictures of the belly throughout the pregnancy)...
12 Weeks

16 weeks
20 Weeks

24 Weeks
26 Weeks
30 Weeks
31 Weeks
33 Weeks

35 Weeks
36 Weeks
38 Weeks
39 Weeks

No comments:
Post a Comment