At 5 a.m. Ezra woke me up, anxious to go to the beach. He and the sun were bright and cheerful, ready to start the day. I was not. I told him to go back to bed then pulled the covers over my head to block out the sun and went back to sleep. What seemed like a moment later, Ezra comes back in and said it was 5:59 and that we need to go. Again, I tell him to go back to sleep and I do the same.
We eventually got going. By 8 am we were on the road and before lunch the kids were soaked in salt water and sunshine.
Eva's Family, Tony's family, Araceli's family, Marti's family and our family took over a nice spot on the beach at Rockaway and spent all afternoon there. Though the sun was shining, the wind was cold and fierce. The kids had so much fun. They ran through the waves, played in the sand and danced in the sun.
By late afternoon we were all sun/wind burnt and tired. We packed up and stopped by the Tillamook factory to get some ice cream before heading home.
No comments:
Post a Comment