Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year's Eve Cousins Slumber Party

We had a New Year's Eve slumber party with some cousins to kick off the new 2017 year. Rafa, Kiko, Celeste, Hannah, Sadee and Andy came over. We had junk food, movies, puzzles, walks through the neighborhood with the dog at 11 p.m., coloring and crafts, warm fire and storytime. To top it off, at midnight we some noise makers instruments (drums, recorders, harmonicas, bells, whistles, etc) and strolled up and down the driveway screaming and yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR. There were lots of big fireworks lighting up the sky from a not too distant neighbor. It was the first year Ezra made it to midnight. By the time the kids got to bed, I think it was about 2 am. I heard them talking, came out to check on them and found Rafa and Esperanza sitting in front of the fridge looking at Pokemon cards by the light of the water/ice dispenser and Kiko looking at his cards by the light of the fire in the wood stove. I think the kids had a good time.
Happy New Year!
























No comments: